· Below are the direct links for the iOS firmware updates that have been released for the iPod Touch so far: Note: If you’re downloading the firmware files using Safari then ensure that auto unzip feature is disabled or use Chrome or Firefox. Direct download links for the latest verison of iOS firmware file for iPod touch:
Download Apple iPod touch 4G iOS Firmware 4.2.1. OS support: Windows XP/Vista/7. Category: Other Devices
To download iOS 6.1.6 firmware for your iPod touch 4th generation, visit IPSW.me, select your device and click download. Make sure the firmware you select is signed. (Alternatively, you can use this link to download directly). The firmware is downloaded from Apple's server and safe to use. They are digitally signed and are verified by Apple while installing.
· The iPod touch 4th Gen models only are partially supported by iOS 6. Most notably, when running iOS 6, the iPod touch 4th Gen models do not support Maps, Siri, Panorama, and FaceTime over cellular. * The 16 GB and 32 GB and 64 GB configurations (A1421) of the iPod touch 5th Gen …
· Due to the iPod Touch 4th Generation not having enough RAM, it cannot get iOS 7. iOS 7 needs to have 512MB of RAM to work - this means that although the iPod Touch can't, the iPhone 4 can. iOS 7 is only supported on the current 5th Generation iPod Touch. (NOTE: I know it is annoying. I have one and have for three years!) Hope this helps. 🙂
The fourth-generation iPod Touch was initially released with a single color option. It initially featured with a black-colored front with a stainless steel back. On October 12, 2011, with the release of the iPhone 4S, the white-colored version was added and the stainless steel back remained unchanged. It is the last iPod Touch to have this feature until the release of the fifth-generation iPod Touch, which have additional color options on the back.
· iPod touch (4th generation) - Technical Specifications. Color. White; Black; Capacity 1. 8GB: 32GB: 64GB: Size and Weight 2. Height: 4.4 inches (111.0 mm) Width: 2.32 inches (58.9 mm) Depth: 0.28 inch (7.2 mm) Weight: 3.56 ounces (101 grams) Wireless 3. 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only) Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR; Maps-location based service 4; Nike+ support built in 5; Display. …
· Restoring iPod Before Updating Software . In some (not very common) cases, you may need to restore your iPod to factory settings before you can update its software. Restoring your iPod erases all of its data and settings and returns it to the state it was in when you first got it. After it's been restored, then you can update the operating system.
An iPod transfer, aka an iPod file/music manager, is a kind of software that permits the transferring of media files content between an iPod and a computer or vice versa. iTunes is the official iPod transfer software, but 3rd parties have created alternatives to iTunes for working around restrictions. e.g. transferring music from an iPod to a computer is restricted by iTunes.
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that you are constantly making new discoveries.